WELCOME TO HALLING PRIMARY SCHOOL
I am delighted to welcome you to our school. Halling Primary is a very warm and welcoming place that offers your child an inspirational start to their education.
Halling School is a happy place to be: we put our children at the centre of all that we do. We all work together to provide a caring and nurturing environment where children can achieve their full potential.
Our aims are:
- To provide a rich, relevant, broad and balanced curriculum;
- To provide memorable experiences and rich opportunities;
- To promote high standards and good progress for all learners;
- To develop life-long, independent learners with a thirst for knowledge and the skills to be successful;
- To develop learners with the literacy and numeracy skills needed for everyday life;
- To develop confident learners who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- To develop responsible, moral and reflective citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
If you would like to know more about our school, please get in touch and we will be very happy to show you around.
Our children’s school!
Halling Primary School is at the heart of a thriving community. We are a growing school but remain, in ethos and approach, very much a village school.
We currently have 318 pupils at the school and our admission number is now sixty each year.
Children usually start after their fourth birthday and stay with us until the age of eleven.
Our children are excellent ambassadors: we are proud that they take part in many community events such as the Remembrance Service and Parade in St. John’s Church, singing to the Halling Active Retired Club at Christmas, collecting Harvest Gifts for the elderly.
We encourage our pupils to contribute to the school community by taking on many responsibilities e.g. House Captains; Young Leaders; Reading Buddies; Maths Mentors; Sports Councillors; School Councillors; E-Safety Ambassadors.
We are committed to developing a learning environment which is:
- Full of opportunities
Halling Primary School is dedicated to producing life-long learners and excellent achievement.
We teach the National Curriculum through a full range of active, purposeful learning activities that include: topic-based learning in the afternoons with many opportunities for cross-curricular learning; an emphasis on outdoor learning; maximising the use of trips and visitors; links to real life and the community; a commitment to developing learners with the key skills to succeed in life.