Our Vision: Learning for Life
At Halling, we all passionately hold the belief that every child is able to achieve. Learning is specifically tailored to meet each child’s individual needs. As a school, we ensure all our children – regardless of economic well-being, cultural background, special need or disability – are able to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, as well as make a positive contribution to Halling, the wider community and society as a whole.
Through a rich, engaging, broad and balanced curriculum, all children are given the very best possible learning opportunities. Our children are curious in their day-to-day learning and, during their time at Halling, they develop a real thirst for, ‘Learning for Life’.
Our Core Values
At Halling, we are proud of the responsible and respectful young people we are helping to create. Our Core Values can be clearly seen throughout Halling in the way children move around the school and treat one another. We encourage our children to be resilient, show respect, be thankful and compassionate and, act with integrity. Our children are curious and engaged. They take responsibility for their own learning in a calm, purposeful atmosphere which permeates throughout our school.
Learning for Life
At Halling Primary School, we always try our best; we take pride in our work; we take responsibility for our own learning; we develop a thirst for learning.
At Halling Primary School, we show good manners to all members of our community; we have a positive attitude to our learning; we celebrate our own and others’ successes.
At Halling Primary School, we listen to one another; we care about everyone in the community’s feelings; we are always helpful and kind.
At Halling Primary School, we show respect to others through our words and actions; we respect each other’s property; we respect the rules of the school and the laws of the country.
At Halling Primary School, we make the right choices; we are honest and take responsibility for our words and actions; we follow the school rules so that we are all safe.
At Halling Primary School, we persevere when tasks are challenging; we are independent, problem-solvers; we are aspirational.
Our British Values
As part of Aletheia Academies Trust, Halling is committed to Fundamental British Values:
The Trust actively promotes British Values in all of our academies. We aim to establish a strong community where all pupils are encouraged to demonstrate respect and tolerance through an inclusive nature regardless of faith, race and culture.
- Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those in our society of different faiths and beliefs
Aletheia Academies Trust’s overarching Equality Objectives are:
- To use performance data to monitor student achievement and respond to variations between groups of learners, subjects, courses and key stages, trends over time and comparisons with other schools.
- To provide professional development which continues to support staff to promote equality and diversity routinely in their daily activity.
- To provide an environment that welcomes protects and respects diverse people.
- To ensure that all students are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school.
- To foster ownership amongst our students for the development of a set of positive behaviours which reflect the very best in all cultures, but reaffirm the understanding of and compliance with the rule of British law and British Values.
- To address cultural events through year worship activities to increase student awareness and understanding of issues in different communities