For information about In-Year Casual Admissions, please contact our school office directly, but please note the following information:
- Halling Primary School, as its own Admission Authority, deals with all requests for a casual admission place. This means that parents must apply directly to the school if they wish to apply for a place.
- The casual admission process will aim to make a casual admission placement within 10 school days of receipt of the application, but in any case, the parent will be advised of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt of the application.
- Parents can apply for a casual admission at any time during the school year.
- If no places are available at the time of application, parents have the right to appeal the decision of the Admission Authority to refuse a place.
- If no places are available at the time of application, a waiting list will be maintained.
- Names are kept in priority order according to the oversubscription criteria and not according to how long a child’s name has been on the list.
- Any place that becomes available will be offered to the child at the top of the list.
- All vacancies will be allocated as they arise.
For further information about September Year R (Foundation Stage) admissions to primary school or to apply for a place online, please follow the link below, but get in touch if you would like any further explanation:
For information and advice for parents with summer born children (children born between 1 April and 31 August), please see the attached documents: